Sunday, June 12, 2011

Recipes I Want to Try

I have compiled too much recipes already from the net - and inevitably, when I see something that strikes a chord, I save it and do the whole shtick - obsessively format it in MS Word, add columns to compress the recipe in one or two pages, attach helpful comments from those who tried it ... only to find out I've done the same thing on the exact recipe two months ago!

These recipes bear trying.  I really have got to start real-life cooking and stop recipe window shopping.  Right now, I'm perusing Dorie Greenspan's recipes.  She has a lot of loyal bakers-bloggers, who select one of her recipes and upload their thoughts on the recipe - all of them rave reviews.  Her rustic recipes call out to me, more than the multi-layered confections in my recipe files.

Dorie Greenspan's Corniest Corn Muffins


Dorie Greenspan's French Yoghurt Cake


Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Yogurt Loaf Cake


Dorie Greenspan's Banana Cake, Big and Small

And of course, what's life without cheesecake.
Lime-Vanilla Cheesecake from Delicious Days


I'll put up the results of my attempts - hopefully, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment